Visit In Sikkim
- Tsomgo Lake: Famed As Changu Lake
- Yuksom: Spend Some Time Amidst Nature
- Nathula Pass: The Mesmerizing Spot
- Lachung, Lachen And Yumthang Valley: Explore All Three
- Ravangla: The Quaint Town
- Namchi: Witness Snow-Capped Mountains
- Zuluk: The Beautiful Hamlet
- Teesta River: Relax Amidst Tranquility
- Gangtok: The Capital City
1. Tsomgo Lake: Famed As Changu Lake
Tsomgo lake which is found only 38 km away from the capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok, is among the most mainstream traveler places in Sikkim. A twisted street through rough mountain geology and shrill mountains which takes you to the Tsomgo Lake is a ton of experience in itself. On the off chance that you are searching for the best places to visit in East Sikkim, at that point, you should investigate this put on your excursion. This is doubtlessly among the best places to find in Sikkim.
- Migratory ducks like the Brahmini
- The beautiful flowers such as Primulas, Blue and Yellow Poppies, and Irish
- Yaks and ponies ride
Precautions: Start early to avoid late night travel; and roads are not properly laid out
How To Reach: A cab ride from Gangtok will take 2 hours for you to reach almost all Sikkim tourist places
Best Time To Visit: Jan to Mar for snow; April to May for Rhododendrons and Orchids; and Oct to Dec.
2. Yuksom: Spend Some Time Amidst Nature
Perhaps the most well known Sikkim places of interest, Yuksom is an old notable town, which is viewed as among the best places to visit in West Sikkim offered with regular magnificence and a continuous path for travelers. On the off chance that you are anticipating going through some calm minutes in the shadow of nature away from the hustle clamor of the city, at that point this is it.
- The historic Norbugang Park
- Tashi tenka, which was a historic royal palace promises wonderful views
- The oldest monastery the Dubdi Gompa
- Kathok Wodsalin Gompa a newly constructed monastery, also famous for the statue of Guru Padmasambhava
- Goechala Trek
- Khangchendzonga National Park
Precaution: Poor lighting on the roads
How To Reach: 6 to 7 hours by road via Jorethang from Jalpaiguri, the nearest railway stop. The nearest airport is Pakyong airport.
Best Time To Visit: March to June and September to November
3. Nathula Pass: The Mesmerizing Spot
Nathula pass, situated in the Himalayas, associates India with Tibet is viewed as among the best places to visit in Sikkim Gangtok. The pass, at 4,310 m above ocean level structures a piece of a side-shoot of the ancient Silk Road. Certainly, one of the spots to visit in Sikkim come what may. Plan a visit during the best an ideal opportunity to visit Sikkim, and this entrancing spot will remain in your memory until the end of time!
- Yak safari
- Border Gates of India and China
- A beautifully built war memorial
- Exhibition Centre of the Indian Army
- Mt Chomolhari
Precautions: Oxygen levels are low, and there could be traffic jams due to adverse weather conditions
How To Reach:
- Road: 4 to 5 hours by bus from the east of Gangtok (54 km)
- By Train: Nearest railhead is Siliguri, 165 km away, and takes 4.5 hours by taxi.
- By Air: Flight Nearest airport is Pakyong airport.
Best Time To Visit Nathula: May and October; Opens for Indians only from Wednesday to Sunday
4. Lachung, Lachen And Yumthang Valley: Explore All Three
Lachen is an inaccessible town in North Sikkim and the colder time of year home for Tibetan itinerant clans. Lachung is likewise a high elevation town of Tibetan and Bhutia individuals in North Sikkim. Also, Yumthang is a lovely valley limited by snowcapped mountains. Each of the three is a very wonderful vacationer place in Sikkim. One should visit Lachung as it is the most acclaimed among the rundown of spots to visit in North Sikkim and for encountering snowfall in Sikkim.
- The picturesque journey from Lachen to Gurudongmar Lake
- Gurudongmar Lake which is often frozen in winters
- The colorful rhododendron bloom
- Lachung Gompa where the largest Buddhist shrine is located
- Lachung Monastery, Handicraft and Lachung Village
- Mt Pandim, Mt Kabru, Mt Simvo, Mt Jopuno, Mt Khangchendzonga and Mt Siniolchu enroute Gangtok Rhododendron Sanctuary
- Sub-zero temperature and 360 degree snowcapped highlands at Yumesamdong / Zero-point
Precaution: Low oxygen levels
How To Reach: Take a taxi from the nearest railhead in New Jalpaiguri (Siliguri). The nearest airport is Pakyong airport.
Best Time To Visit: March and June are pleasant; and December and January for snowfall
5. Ravangla: The Quaint Town
Wrinkled by thick woodlands and extraordinarily adjusted on an edge overseeing a broad wash of western Sikkim, Ravangla guarantees perhaps the most lovely mountain sees. It is a famous traveler place in Sikkim and draws numerous nature sweethearts consistently.
- Tathagata Tsal, a Buddhist park
- Mane Choekhorling Gompa
- Pang Lhabsol, which displays religious prayers and songs
- Hikes and treks
Precaution: Forests are very dense, beware of wildlife.
How To Reach: Take a cab ride after Jalpaiguri station, which is 94 km from Ravangla
Best Time To Visit: March, June
6. Namchi: Witness Snow-Capped Mountains
Namchi is honored with outside air which is divided with the smell of rich vegetation. The excellent sight of snowcapped mountains and the forest mountain valleys adds to the view and makes it a significant spot among the spots to visit in South Sikkim.
- Khangchendzonga range
- Sherdup Choeling Monastery
- The beautiful tea gardens
- Rock Garden
- Namchi Mahotsav in October
How To Reach: Take a cab for 77 km from the Jalpaiguri metro station
Precaution: Roads are not properly laid out
Best Time To Visit: March, June, October, and November
7. Zuluk: The Beautiful Hamlet
One of the strange Sikkim vacationer places, Zuluk is a little town situated at a high elevation and has a very engaging history because of its association with the Silk Route. It guarantees incredible perspectives on the snowcapped mountain goes particularly during winter and is an impressive spot to see for those searching for snowfall in Sikkim or searching for the best places to visit in Sikkim and Darjeeling.
- Nag temple
- Mt Kanchenjungha
- Thambi View Point
Precautions: Be prepared for a foggy climate
How To Reach: Take a cab ride for 91 km from Jalpaiguri railway station
Best Time To Visit: August and September
8. Teesta River: Relax Amidst Tranquility
An alternate one among spots to visit in Sikkim, Teesta River is shocking to take a gander at when it is frozen in winters. During spring, in any case, the waterway is gleaming in the sunbeams and shows an ideal territory for sprouting blossoms.
- River rafting and kayaking during the summers
- Bird spotting
- Lush green fauna and flower beds on the banks
- Sangam of river teesta with it tributary the Rangeet River
- Dikchu bridge on way to Lachung
Precautions: River can get a little rough and ice pieces are often found
How To Reach: Take a cab for 33 km from Darjeeling railway station
Best Time To Visit: AprilMay; and November
9. Gangtok: The Capital City
Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim and has heaps of jewels in its kitty; you would be awestruck by the ceaseless strolling trails, dazzling silver-fir trees, and in particular the accommodation by local people. Ensure it is on your rundown of spots to visit in Sikkim.
- Paragliding in the valley
- Jhakri Falls and Kyongnosla Water Falls
- Yak ride
- Lively nightlife
- Snowcapped ranges of Mt Kachendzonga
- Bird-eye view from the ropeway
- Enchey Monastery
How To Reach: Take a cab for 148 km from New Jalpaiguri railway station. The nearest airport is Pakyong airport.
Best Time To Visit: October to June